Risotto and whisky, really? Most people would think that whisky comes after the meal, but actually a heart warming whisky can be a fine accompaniment to a creamy bowl of risotto.
For 4 serves, you will need:
- 4 x woodland sausages, sliced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- Fry the sausages in a pan until golden.
- In a large pot warn the butter. Add the leek and garlic cooking for 5 minutes to soften. Add the rice cooking for 2 minutes. Pour in the stock and stir occasionally for 25 minutes until the rice is cooked.
- Stir through the parmesan and sliced sausages heating through.
- Serve hot with a sprinkle of parsley.